2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 (1-inch-thick) rib-eye steak (about 1 pound)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
Handful of cherry tomatoes
¼ cup diced red peppers
Fresh Dress Green Goddess dressing to taste
• In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
• Season steaks with salt and pepper. When pan starts to smoke, carefully add steaks.
• Allow steak to cook for about 3-4 minutes on 1 side, without moving or piercing the meat. This will help create a good, crusty sear.
• When steak is brown, flip and sear the other side for 3-4 minutes.
• Remove the steak and place on a large plate, allow to rest for 10 minutes.
• Place arugula, tomatoes and red peppers in a bowl, toss with Fresh Dress Green Goddess dressing, to taste.
• Slice steak across the grain and on a bias into 1 1/2-inch thick pieces.
• Place salad on serving plates; lay the slices on top of the salad and serve.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Green Goddess Seared Steak Salad